On the gadget front, things are starting to take a more serious tone at TigerTailgate. Yes, we’ve got the tiger striped rug that goes through the RV living area, and yes, the unveiling of the “tiger’ed out” exterior of the RV is coming soon. But the serious of it hit me with the blender prep work currently being sorted out.
The moment the computer screen popped up with product selections, I heard the oooh’s and aaah’s from across the room. They had her at Hello. But where to start? It reminded me of the Dr. Seuss book, “Oh, The Choices You Will Have”. Or was that, “Oh, The Places You Will Go”? Finally, it came down to a shortlist of three.
First thing I learned was the Explorer Frozen Concoction Maker will lead us to uncharted territories. Pretty neat. The “powerful DC ice shaving and blending motors” truly defines “Paradise Unplugged”. Seriously, their words… not mine.
Just when I thought that was good enough, I refreshed the screen and saw this baby. And I learned the “Key West Frozen Concoction Maker” is built to party. Apparently, I’m the target audience for this product because it is guaranteed to take the guesswork out of operation. Now they’ve got me at Hello.
Finally, the Tahiti Frozen Concoction Maker made its entrance on the screen of my laptop. And he’s the biggest of the litter. With three separate drinks made simultaneously,I think he’s got a strong position in the race. In addition to it’s multi functionality, the “rotating ice chute with lighting effects creates spectacular fun while whipping up drinks”. Oh, my!
So, “Paradise Unplugged” has been ordered and the electric cord blender in the motorhome cabinet is now on life support. It’s just another sign of ratcheting up the tailgating expectations. I know that because … if left up to me, we’d have ended up with this:
Receive a 10% discount and free shipping on your purchase of the Explorer Cordless Frozen Concoction Maker ! Offer valid until 11/1/2012.
THE BEST MARGARITA
There are gazillions of margarita recipes. But, here is a technique and recipe for making a margarita with the best ingredients. My favorite! An unforgettable margarita ~ a celebration of freshness and flavor.
- 2 oz. tequila (Prefer a 100% agave silver)
- 1 oz. orange liqueur (Prefer Patron Citronge, Cointreau, or Gran Marnier, whatever you have available, but NEVER Triple Sec)
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz. agave nectar (or simple syrup … made with half sugar & half water)
2. Pour the lime and lemon juice into a shaker, and add the orange liqueur and tequila, and the agave nectar. Fill the shaker with ice, and shake, shake, shake. (Or you can double the ingredients and add to your Frozen Concoction Maker and blend!)
3. Grab your favorite glass (we all have one and is deserving of it’s own post in the future). Strain into glass or pour over ice.