Special thanks to Sharon Coale (Max Coale #64 ’14) for sharing the recipe for her Tiger Breakfast Bread that she brought to this year’s Lehigh game. Do you have a tailgate favorite recipe you’d like to share? Email it to us at PUTigerTailgate@gmail.com.
This is great for a morning tailgate. And I love anything with cream cheese in it! Sharon found the recipe at www.ClemsonGirl.com.
TIGER BREAKFAST BREAD
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 3 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 8oz cream cheese
- 2 cans of biscuits (10 count)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a bundt pan with Pam
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter and brown the sugar, set aside
- Scatter the nuts on the bottom of the bundt pan
- Cut the cream cheese into 20 mini-cubes
- Press out the biscuits and sprinkle them with the cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Take a biscuit, place a cube of cream cheese in the middle and fold the dough around it, then place in the pan, drizzle with butter and brown sugar mix
- Repeat above step until all 20 biscuits are in the pan, layer if needed (add more nuts in middle)
- Bake for 30 min. and let cool for 5 min.
- Invert onto a plate and pull apart to serve