I’m not a big fan of corned beef & cabbage. So I’ve been searching for something different to try this St. Patrick’s Day and came across this as a favorite on AllRecipes.com.
Could be a great addition to coffee at our morning TigerTailgates!
HOMEMADE IRISH CREAM LIQUEUR
Makes 3 – 750 ml bottles
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle Irish whiskey
- 8 3/4 ounces milk chocolate
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cansevaporated milk
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 empty bottles (plus your bottle of whiskey)
- Pour a small amount of whiskey into a large bowl.
- In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate, stirring constantly until smooth. Mix the melted chocolate with the whiskey in the bowl.
- Gradually stir in the instant coffee granules, sweetened condensed milk and the evaporated milk. Stir in the cream and the remaining whiskey.
- Pour mixture into 3 (750 ml) bottles using a funnel, seal and store in refrigerator.
I made half of the recipe above today since I had just more than half a bottle of Jameson Irish Whiskey on hand. It ended up filling 2 – 750 ml bottles … maybe since the second bottle I used was an “almost empty” vodka bottle, which of course, I left the vodka in it. 🙂
If this tastes a lot better than the store bought irish cream liquor, as the reviews say, I will definately be making my own from now on! Too bad I have to wait a few weeks to enjoy. Ha ha!
Hope everyone has a Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!!
~ Go Tigers!