Today, February 22nd, is National Margarita Day … one of my favorite holidays and a day I always enjoy!
For the very The Best Margarita recipe … refer to our previous post.
Happy National Margarita Day! Enjoy your margarita with these chicken nachos below & add some spice to your Saturday!
Recipe compliments of QVC’s resident foodie, David Venable …
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 (13.5-oz) bag tortilla chips
- 2 poblano peppers, roasted and chopped (see below)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8-oz) package Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 4 — 5 scallions, minced
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Stir together the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt in a small bowl. Add the chicken and toss evenly to coat.
- Heat a grill pan until hot. Roast the poblano peppers until well-charred, and then place them in plastic bag to steam for 2—3 minutes. Remove the skin, chop, and set aside.
- Spread the tortilla chips in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Evenly top the chips with the chicken, followed by the peppers, tomatoes, and black beans. Finish with the cheese and scallions. Bake for 8—10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the nachos are heated through. Remove from the oven and top with the cilantro. Using a wide spatula, transfer the nachos to a serving plate.
~ Enjoy and Cheers!